Michigan judge found himself in contempt of court after his cellphone began talking during a trial's closing arguments. The phone began asking for voice-dialing commands, saying, "I can't understand you." The red-faced judge said he bumped the phone by accident, but found himself in contempt and imposed a $25 fine on himself. "If I cannot live by the rules that I enforce,’" he said, "then I have no business enforcing these rules."
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 31 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Attack of the invasive species
- He said he was leaving. She ignored him.
- Why atheism doesn't have the upper hand over religion
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- 14 wonderful words with no English equivalent
- If a nuclear bomb exploded in downtown Washington, what should you do?
- Why I'm a pro-life liberal
- Which states get screwed worst by the Electoral College?
- What The Americans gets wrong about Russian spies
Subscribe to the Week