Michigan judge found himself in contempt of court after his cellphone began talking during a trial's closing arguments. The phone began asking for voice-dialing commands, saying, "I can't understand you." The red-faced judge said he bumped the phone by accident, but found himself in contempt and imposed a $25 fine on himself. "If I cannot live by the rules that I enforce,’" he said, "then I have no business enforcing these rules."
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why China's Communist Party is headed for collapse
- Why Texas Republicans may want to cool the anti-Obama land-grab talk
- He said he was leaving. She ignored him.
- Why the poor's investment of choice is so alarming
- 31 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How to make perfect fried rice in 6 easy steps
- Obama doesn't have a manhood problem — but conservatives certainly do
- Why atheism doesn't have the upper hand over religion
- Why Mindy Kaling — not Lena Dunham — is the body positive icon of the moment
- Why we need a maximum wage
Subscribe to the Week