Neil Diamond's soft rock favorite "Sweet Caroline" has been playing during the eighth inning at Boston Red Sox home games since 2002 for no other reason than to "send sweetness over the Fenway speakers." After the horrid Boston Marathon bombings last week, the city has never needed positivity more. Which is why Diamond took a redeye flight from Los Angeles to Boston on Saturday for an impromptu Fenway performance to thank first responders and members of law enforcement. As a plus, the Red Sox won.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- The 11 worst fast food restaurants in America
- 7 things the world's happiest people do every day
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- 5 tricks to making a mind-blowing burger
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Why America is duty bound to help Iraqi Christians
- Why are so many parents being arrested?
- Israel has only two choices: Eliminate the Palestinians or make peace
- 9 things you probably didn't know about the moon
- What if The Purge was real?
Subscribe to the Week