With climbing ticket prices, invasive security procedures, lengthy delays, and frustrating baggage fees, it's pretty easy to hate airlines. But every so often, they really do make us smile. Consider 7-year-old Cole Holzer, who was heartbroken to discover that he'd mistakenly left his deceased dad's T-shirt on a Delta Airlines flight. Ever since his dad passed away two years ago, Cole had carried the worn item around as a keepsake. When the cleaning crew got wind of the misplaced memento, they dug around in the trash until they found it, reuniting the boy with his beloved shirt.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
- Here comes the Pentagon's newest space plane
- The real story behind Deliver Us From Evil
- The U.S. is about to sell weapons to Vietnam. That's bad news for China.
- What is Molly? Everything you need to know about the party drug
- Extreme haunted houses: Inside Halloween's most terrifying new trend
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- The simple trick to making better decisions in every aspect of life
Subscribe to the Week