With climbing ticket prices, invasive security procedures, lengthy delays, and frustrating baggage fees, it's pretty easy to hate airlines. But every so often, they really do make us smile. Consider 7-year-old Cole Holzer, who was heartbroken to discover that he'd mistakenly left his deceased dad's T-shirt on a Delta Airlines flight. Ever since his dad passed away two years ago, Cole had carried the worn item around as a keepsake. When the cleaning crew got wind of the misplaced memento, they dug around in the trash until they found it, reuniting the boy with his beloved shirt.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How a degree from Duke University dashed my dreams of buying a home
- This is why you can't trust the NSA. Ever.
- Innocent before proven guilty? The bizarre bipartisan rush to clear Rick Perry
- Half the world's population lives in these 6 countries
- Why you should stop believing in evolution
- ISIS and the echoes of the West's religious terror
- Don't listen to Paul Ryan: The GOP is still the party of makers and takers
- Today in history: Lincoln reveals the real goal of the Civil War
- 10 things you need to know today: August 22, 2014
- 4 things NASA can teach you about a good night's sleep
Subscribe to the Week