With climbing ticket prices, invasive security procedures, lengthy delays, and frustrating baggage fees, it's pretty easy to hate airlines. But every so often, they really do make us smile. Consider 7-year-old Cole Holzer, who was heartbroken to discover that he'd mistakenly left his deceased dad's T-shirt on a Delta Airlines flight. Ever since his dad passed away two years ago, Cole had carried the worn item around as a keepsake. When the cleaning crew got wind of the misplaced memento, they dug around in the trash until they found it, reuniting the boy with his beloved shirt.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- The mystery behind China's aggressive push into space
- The best places to find love — and lust — according to science
- How a drafting error could doom Obama's carbon regulations
- How the battle for religious freedom became a nonsensical free-for-all
- Here's the schedule very successful people follow every day
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Boyhood's refreshingly unsentimental take on motherhood
- This simple hack for slicing cherry tomatoes will astound you
- 10 things you need to know today: July 30, 2014
- What religious traditionalists can teach us about sex
Subscribe to the Week