An Ohio tanning salon has deemed a customer "too fat to tan" and refused to offer her a refund. Upon arriving for her second session, Kelly McGrevey was told that the salon had just implemented a new policy forbidding customers weighing over 230 pounds from using the beds. McGrevey called the humiliating incident "discrimination" and has filed a report against the business.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 10 classic Sesame Street moments we wouldn't show today's kids
- These 5 things will definitely happen after Obama moves on immigration
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- What could happen if the Supreme Court rules against ObamaCare
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Why are newspaper comics so terrible?
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- On immigration, Obama is flirting with tyranny
- The GOP's best response to Obama's immigration move: Toothless griping
- Don't change a thing: 8 inventions that never needed updating
Subscribe to the Week