An Ohio tanning salon has deemed a customer "too fat to tan" and refused to offer her a refund. Upon arriving for her second session, Kelly McGrevey was told that the salon had just implemented a new policy forbidding customers weighing over 230 pounds from using the beds. McGrevey called the humiliating incident "discrimination" and has filed a report against the business.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How academia's liberal bias is killing social science
- Why Pakistan won't hunt down the terrorists within its borders
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Pope Francis' American problem
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 10 things you need to know today: December 20, 2014
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- A brief history of the Christmas present
- Sorry, GOP, tax cuts don't pay for themselves
- Vox, derp, and the intellectual stagnation of the left
Subscribe to the Week