A New Hampshire man lost his life savings on a carnival game as he tried in vain to win the grand prize, an Xbox Kinect. Henry Gribbohm, 30, was playing a game called "Tubs of Fun," in which you throw balls into tubs. He quickly lost $300, then went home to get the rest of his life savings — which he subsequently lost. All told, Gribbohm lost $2,600 and left with only a stuffed banana.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- What is driving the increasingly weird behavior of the polar jet stream?
- How our botched understanding of 'science' ruins everything
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Christians have no moral rationale for spanking their children
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- The science of sex: 4 harsh truths about dating and mating
- Should you hope to die at 75? Absolutely not.
- 13 Urban Outfitters controversies
- Why America should team up with Bashar al-Assad's regime
Subscribe to the Week