A New Hampshire man lost his life savings on a carnival game as he tried in vain to win the grand prize, an Xbox Kinect. Henry Gribbohm, 30, was playing a game called "Tubs of Fun," in which you throw balls into tubs. He quickly lost $300, then went home to get the rest of his life savings — which he subsequently lost. All told, Gribbohm lost $2,600 and left with only a stuffed banana.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why you should stop believing in evolution
- Why the West should let Russia have eastern Ukraine
- The real reason conservatives should be outraged that police killed a white youth
- The essential techniques that every home cook should know
- The dangers of our passionless American life
- The amazing resurrection of Mitt Romney
- 10 things you need to know today: August 29, 2014
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- Is Silicon Valley the new Versailles?
- 4 strategies for organizing your money, based on your personality
Subscribe to the Week