A New Hampshire man lost his life savings on a carnival game as he tried in vain to win the grand prize, an Xbox Kinect. Henry Gribbohm, 30, was playing a game called "Tubs of Fun," in which you throw balls into tubs. He quickly lost $300, then went home to get the rest of his life savings — which he subsequently lost. All told, Gribbohm lost $2,600 and left with only a stuffed banana.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- The U.S. Marines are developing laser weapons. Here's why.
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Why the Supreme Court is allowing Texas to hold an unconstitutional election
- 16 characters from other languages that make great emoticons
- Ban PowerPoint!
- Gamergate has backfired spectacularly on its nincompoop perpetrators
- How 1,000-year lifespans could remake the economy
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
Subscribe to the Week