A Missouri state senator decided to make his sartorial preferences known by amending an education funding bill to include a provision that would ban adults from wearing seersucker suits. Senator Ryan McKenna later withdrew the provision, saying that "it probably wasn't germane to the bill" and "it was all in jest, anyway."
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- The mystery behind China's aggressive push into space
- The best places to find love — and lust — according to science
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Here's the schedule very successful people follow every day
- Sex can't explain the culture war
- This simple hack for slicing cherry tomatoes will astound you
- How the battle for religious freedom became a nonsensical free-for-all
- Why GOP reformers are bound to fail
- How a drafting error could doom Obama's carbon regulations
- The 5 best and worst states for a well-lived life
Subscribe to the Week