Missouri state senator decided to make his sartorial preferences known by amending an education funding bill to include a provision that would ban adults from wearing seersucker suits. Senator Ryan McKenna later withdrew the provision, saying that "it probably wasn't germane to the bill" and "it was all in jest, anyway."
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why would a young person today be religious?
- Why we can't stop procrastinating, according to science
- 31 TV shows to watch in 2014
- He said he was leaving. She ignored him.
- Why Holy Thursday is so important to Christians
- Texas has been holding this man hostage for 12,600 days
- How Captain America won over China
- Why I'm a pro-life liberal
- Israel and Russia are getting along. Have the neocons noticed?
- 3 ways elephants and neuroscience can help you make better decisions
Subscribe to the Week