A Missouri state senator decided to make his sartorial preferences known by amending an education funding bill to include a provision that would ban adults from wearing seersucker suits. Senator Ryan McKenna later withdrew the provision, saying that "it probably wasn't germane to the bill" and "it was all in jest, anyway."
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- What is driving the increasingly weird behavior of the polar jet stream?
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How our botched understanding of 'science' ruins everything
- Should you hope to die at 75? Absolutely not.
- Christians have no moral rationale for spanking their children
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- The science of sex: 4 harsh truths about dating and mating
- Tony Blair: The Cassandra of the Middle East
- Does solar energy have a battery problem?
Subscribe to the Week