The Seattle Police Department announced that it will "restrict superheroes from interfering with law enforcement operations." The announcement was deemed necessary after Phoenix Jones, a self-styled superhero, took to the city's streets to push back rioters last year. Jones responded in a video by calling the author of the report a "superhero hater."
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why Pakistan won't hunt down the terrorists within its borders
- Sorry, GOP, tax cuts don't pay for themselves
- How academia's liberal bias is killing social science
- Pope Francis' American problem
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Diagnosing the Home Alone burglars' injuries: A professional weighs in
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Why torture doesn't work: A definitive guide
- Hey, bosses: Stop giving bonuses to your employees
Subscribe to the Week