The Seattle Police Department announced that it will "restrict superheroes from interfering with law enforcement operations." The announcement was deemed necessary after Phoenix Jones, a self-styled superhero, took to the city's streets to push back rioters last year. Jones responded in a video by calling the author of the report a "superhero hater."
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why you should stop believing in evolution
- How Israel's hawks intimidated and silenced the last remnants of the anti-war left
- 10 things you need to know today: August 21, 2014
- The secret to handling pressure like astronauts, Navy SEALs, and samurai
- Why your employer should clean your house and do your laundry
- It's time for the police to rethink 'shoot-to-kill'
- The big policy question libertarians can't answer
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- What you need to know before you support the police in Ferguson
- The real lesson of Rick Perry's mug shot
Subscribe to the Week