The Seattle Police Department announced that it will "restrict superheroes from interfering with law enforcement operations." The announcement was deemed necessary after Phoenix Jones, a self-styled superhero, took to the city's streets to push back rioters last year. Jones responded in a video by calling the author of the report a "superhero hater."
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why is the Pentagon stuffing caves in Norway full of tanks?
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- The one thing the New Atheists get right about religion
- The U.S. government is actually trouncing Ebola. When will it get credit?
- Syrian women know how to defeat ISIS
- Gamergate has backfired spectacularly on its nincompoop perpetrators
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
- Why America needs more billionaires
- The real story behind Deliver Us From Evil
Subscribe to the Week