Students at a Georgia high school held the school's first-ever integrated prom, but a large group of white parents refused to participate, staging their own, whites-only prom. Georgia Gov. Nathan Deal called the separate proms a "private issue" and said this was "not something state government needs to have its finger involved in."
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- The 11 worst fast food restaurants in America
- 7 things the world's happiest people do every day
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- 5 tricks to making a mind-blowing burger
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Israel has only two choices: Eliminate the Palestinians or make peace
- 9 things you probably didn't know about the moon
- Why are so many parents being arrested?
- What if The Purge was real?
- Why America is duty bound to help Iraqi Christians
Subscribe to the Week