tudents at a Georgia high school held the school's first-ever integrated prom, but a large group of white parents refused to participate, staging their own, whites-only prom. Georgia Gov. Nathan Deal called the separate proms a "private issue" and said this was "not something state government needs to have its finger involved in."
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why ABC threw its Bachelor under the bus
- Why are so many elderly Asians killing themselves?
- Why Ted Cruz is the real-life Frank Underwood
- Why I'm sick and tired of seeing naked women on HBO
- Here's how Iran is covering Russia's invasion of Crimea
- Here's proof that Justin Bieber is just as spoiled as you always thought
- 22 TV shows to watch in 2014
- 4 easy ways to resolve life's toughest questions
- What the collapse of the Ming Dynasty can tell us about American decline
- Watch Stephen Colbert and Neil deGrasse Tyson debate science
Subscribe to the Week