tudents at a Georgia high school held the school's first-ever integrated prom, but a large group of white parents refused to participate, staging their own, whites-only prom. Georgia Gov. Nathan Deal called the separate proms a "private issue" and said this was "not something state government needs to have its finger involved in."
- 4 secret societies you probably don't know about
- How to stick it to the poor: A congressional strategy
- 10 things you need to know today: December 9, 2013
- Did God have a wife?
- Watch SNL delightfully mess with all your childhood Christmas favorites
- Rick Santorum wins the prize for the worst Nelson Mandela tribute
- Homeland recap: 'Big Man in Tehran'
- Which professions have the most psychopaths?
- Here's how crazy-long German words are made
- The emerging budget deal is a small victory for Republicans
Subscribe to the Week