A Florida high school student was expelled, handcuffed, and charged with two felonies after mixing two chemicals to see what would happen. Kiera Wilmot, a straight-A student, combined aluminum foil and toilet bowl cleaner in a plastic bottle, producing a popping sound and a small amount of smoke. No one was hurt and nothing was damaged, but the school said expulsion and felony charges would teach Wilmot that there are "consequences to actions."
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How U.S. special forces are preparing for the worst-case scenario in North Korea
- Here's the schedule very successful people follow every day
- I hate Ayn Rand — but here's why my fellow conservatives love her
- Why you shouldn't eat dog. Not even once.
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- The danger of the Democrats' lack of desperation
- Hey, Paul Ryan's new poverty plan isn't completely terrible!
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- The biggest lesson Obama failed to learn from Bush
- The best online movies to watch this weekend
Subscribe to the Week