Florida high school student was expelled, handcuffed, and charged with two felonies after mixing two chemicals to see what would happen. Kiera Wilmot, a straight-A student, combined aluminum foil and toilet bowl cleaner in a plastic bottle, producing a popping sound and a small amount of smoke. No one was hurt and nothing was damaged, but the school said expulsion and felony charges would teach Wilmot that there are "consequences to actions."
- How the strange case of Obama's Uncle Omar complicates immigration reform
- There is a better alternative to raising the minimum wage
- Is Biden helping or hurting U.S. interests in Asia?
- Watch The Daily Show use Pope Francis to hammer Fox Business pundits
- Which professions have the most psychopaths?
- 32 TV shows to watch in 2013 [Updated]
- Rick Santorum wins the prize for the worst Nelson Mandela tribute
- He said he was leaving. She ignored him.
- Diagnosing the Home Alone burglars' injuries: A professional weighs in
- This is how much extra it costs to eat healthy every day
Subscribe to the Week