alifornia native Jackie Rosas saved the life of a New Jersey teen after reading her suicidal Tumblr post. Rosas saw the blogger's threat and alerted police. The cops notified schools in the area to no avail. They found the 16-year-old blogger's Twitter account by matching the photo to her Tumblr. Police poured over her tweets, YouTube videos, and blog posts. They found a November tweet that mentioned the "UHS marching band" and matched it to a school in New Jersey. Police found her and took her to a medical facility. "It's an amazing feeling knowing you are able to help someone from thousands of miles away," said Rosas.
- The secrets of happy families
- 4 secret societies you probably don't know about
- How to stick it to the poor: A congressional strategy
- Diagnosing the Home Alone burglars' injuries: A professional weighs in
- Did God have a wife?
- Why Republicans shouldn't get too excited over Obama's stumbles
- Why Newt Gingrich is getting flak for defending Nelson Mandela
- Will John Kerry's foreign policy successes undercut Hillary Clinton?
- Cue scary music: Cockroaches that can survive New York winters reach the U.S.
- The emerging budget deal is a small victory for Republicans
Subscribe to the Week