California native Jackie Rosas saved the life of a New Jersey teen after reading her suicidal Tumblr post. Rosas saw the blogger's threat and alerted police. The cops notified schools in the area to no avail. They found the 16-year-old blogger's Twitter account by matching the photo to her Tumblr. Police poured over her tweets, YouTube videos, and blog posts. They found a November tweet that mentioned the "UHS marching band" and matched it to a school in New Jersey. Police found her and took her to a medical facility. "It's an amazing feeling knowing you are able to help someone from thousands of miles away," said Rosas.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Russia is stealthily threatening America with nuclear war
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- The science of sex: 4 harsh truths about dating and mating
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- 13 Urban Outfitters controversies
- Is 'feminism' just another word for 'liberalism'?
- If Scotland leaves the union, is Northern Ireland next?
- What political elites don't understand about Scotland's push for independence
- Why you should stop believing in evolution
- The Obama administration's non-stop incoherence on ISIS
Subscribe to the Week