et dirty dishes collect in your dishwasher and you can predict the result: a buildup of bacteria that can unleash an awful smell every time you crack the machine's door. The new Klin-Tec UV-C Stick ($31) blasts away this annoyance by automatically bathing the dishwasher's insides with germ-killing UV light once every 24 hours. Because the device ends its 12-minute run time instantly if the door of the washer opens, you can just set it in a rack and forget it — at least until you're ready to run a wash cycle. This gadget is "unfortunately not waterproof."
- The 10 worst-reviewed movies of 2013
- The secrets of happy families
- Diagnosing the Home Alone burglars' injuries: A professional weighs in
- How did Love Actually become so controversial? A theory
- Watch The Daily Show mock the NSA and the gamers they're spying on
- Do Americans still believe in the American Dream?
- The U.S. auto bailout is officially over. Here's what America lost and gained.
- Antarctica recently experienced the coldest day in recorded history
- 32 TV shows to watch in 2013 [Updated]
- Here's how crazy-long German words are made
Subscribe to the Week