A 105-year-old woman told a local TV station that her secret to longevity was "hard work and bacon." Pearl Cantrell of Richland Springs, Texas, was given a lifetime supply of Oscar Mayer bacon after the company got wind of her statement. "I love bacon," the centenarian added. "I eat it every day. It's got to be crispy."
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- This is what happens when Republicans actually enact their radical agenda
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- The Obama administration's nonstop incoherence on ISIS
- How I dug myself out of debt — and stayed that way
- Why Japan is turning to high-tech floating islands to solve its energy needs
- The science of sex: 4 harsh truths about dating and mating
- 6 super-helpful iOS8 tricks you probably don't know about
- Why so many Christians won't back down on gay marriage
Subscribe to the Week