A 105-year-old woman told a local TV station that her secret to longevity was "hard work and bacon." Pearl Cantrell of Richland Springs, Texas, was given a lifetime supply of Oscar Mayer bacon after the company got wind of her statement. "I love bacon," the centenarian added. "I eat it every day. It's got to be crispy."
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How U.S. special forces are preparing for the worst-case scenario in North Korea
- Here's the schedule very successful people follow every day
- I hate Ayn Rand — but here's why my fellow conservatives love her
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- The 11 worst fast food restaurants in America
- The best online movies to watch this weekend
- The danger of the Democrats' lack of desperation
- The biggest lesson Obama failed to learn from Bush
- The secret to Gabrielle Hamilton's amazing grilled cheese sandwiches
- Hey, Paul Ryan's new poverty plan isn't completely terrible!
Subscribe to the Week