105-year-old woman told a local TV station that her secret to longevity was "hard work and bacon." Pearl Cantrell of Richland Springs, Texas, was given a lifetime supply of Oscar Mayer bacon after the company got wind of her statement. "I love bacon," the centenarian added. "I eat it every day. It's got to be crispy."
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- He said he was leaving. She ignored him.
- Why I'm a pro-life liberal
- 31 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Why would a young person today be religious?
- How Captain America won over China
- Why Holy Thursday is so important to Christians
8 Facebook misfires that ruined lives
- How conservatives learned to hate Hollywood
- Texas has been holding this man hostage for 12,600 days
- The 6-year-old who woke up from a coma with a different personality
Subscribe to the Week