Virginia second-grader was suspended from school for pretending to be a Marine and making "gun noises" while pointing his pencil at another student. The father of 7-year-old Christopher Marshall thinks the school's zero-tolerance policy for weapons goes too far, but a school spokesman disagreed, calling a pencil "a weapon when it is pointed at someone in a threatening way and gun noises are made."
- How to dramatically improve your memory
- Which professions have the most psychopaths?
- What to expect when you're expecting (100 years ago)
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- Diagnosing the Home Alone burglars' injuries: A professional weighs in
- 7 health benefits of playing video games
- China's massive pollution problem
- Fear of dying alone drives women AND men into bad relationships
- The executioners' lament
- How I became the heavyweight champion of the world
Subscribe to the Week