Clinton Shepherd, park operations manager of Chicago's Navy Pier, spent 48 hours, 8 minutes and 25 seconds awake on a Ferris wheel. That shattered the previous record of 25 hours. Shepherd's secret? His Ferris wheel gondola had a big screen TV and Xbox Live on which Shepherd played Call of Duty: Black Ops 2 and watched James Bond and Batman movies. He also drank a whole lot of Mountain Dew Kickstart to stay awake.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Half the world's population lives in these 6 countries
- This is why you can't trust the NSA. Ever.
- How a degree from Duke University dashed my dreams of buying a home
- Why you should stop believing in evolution
- Innocent before proven guilty? The bizarre bipartisan rush to clear Rick Perry
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- The real-life events that inspired Game of Thrones' Red Wedding
- What Keeping Up with the Kardashians can teach America about interracial marriage
- ISIS and the echoes of the West's religious terror
- The best online movies to watch this weekend
Subscribe to the Week