Clinton Shepherd, park operations manager of Chicago's Navy Pier, spent 48 hours, 8 minutes and 25 seconds awake on a Ferris wheel. That shattered the previous record of 25 hours. Shepherd's secret? His Ferris wheel gondola had a big screen TV and Xbox Live on which Shepherd played Call of Duty: Black Ops 2 and watched James Bond and Batman movies. He also drank a whole lot of Mountain Dew Kickstart to stay awake.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- America created the Islamic State of Iraq and Syria? Meet the ISIS 'truthers'
- The Obama era is over. The presidency continues.
- How American businessmen are ruining American business — and the U.S. economy
- Russia's giant spy ship was a high-tech disaster waiting to happen
- On ISIS, neocons and liberal hawks have a 'boy who cried wolf' problem
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- How Harry Houdini escaped death
- Fall movie guide: All the films you should see in September
- The 10 best networking tips for people who hate networking
- Scottish independence is another financial crisis waiting to happen
Subscribe to the Week