A Florida bowling alley fell into frightened silence at the sound of a gunshot, but it was only a bowler accidentally triggering a loaded pistol in his pocket. "The guy just stepped up to bowl," said a witness. "I think he hit his leg on his back swing." The man limped back to his seat with a leg wound, which was not life-threatening.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- 7 things the world's happiest people do every day
- 10 things you need to know today: September 1, 2014
- Scottish independence is another financial crisis waiting to happen
- Fall movie guide: All the films you should see in September
- Why the West should let Russia have eastern Ukraine
- The next pandemic
- The 10 best networking tips for people who hate networking
- The elusive 'It factor' in presidential politics
- 11 scientific studies that will restore your faith in humanity
Subscribe to the Week