A Florida bowling alley fell into frightened silence at the sound of a gunshot, but it was only a bowler accidentally triggering a loaded pistol in his pocket. "The guy just stepped up to bowl," said a witness. "I think he hit his leg on his back swing." The man limped back to his seat with a leg wound, which was not life-threatening.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- The uncomfortable truth in The Giving Tree
- Why 2014 may be as good as it gets for the Republican Party
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- The U.S. government is actually trouncing Ebola. When will it get credit?
- Syrian women know how to defeat ISIS
- The simple trick to making better decisions in every aspect of life
- Why America needs more billionaires
- The one thing the New Atheists get right about religion
- Why is the Pentagon stuffing caves in Norway full of tanks?
Subscribe to the Week