A Florida bowling alley fell into frightened silence at the sound of a gunshot, but it was only a bowler accidentally triggering a loaded pistol in his pocket. "The guy just stepped up to bowl," said a witness. "I think he hit his leg on his back swing." The man limped back to his seat with a leg wound, which was not life-threatening.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Russia is stealthily threatening America with nuclear war
- The science of sex: 4 harsh truths about dating and mating
- 13 Urban Outfitters controversies
- What political elites don't understand about Scotland's push for independence
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Why gay people of color are still losing
- In defense of family dinner
- Do you need to be crazy to be the best?
- Is 'feminism' just another word for 'liberalism'?
Subscribe to the Week