A Florida bowling alley fell into frightened silence at the sound of a gunshot, but it was only a bowler accidentally triggering a loaded pistol in his pocket. "The guy just stepped up to bowl," said a witness. "I think he hit his leg on his back swing." The man limped back to his seat with a leg wound, which was not life-threatening.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why you shouldn't eat dog. Not even once.
- How U.S. special forces are preparing for the worst-case scenario in North Korea
- Why Israel can no longer let the Palestinian Authority be responsible for security in the West Bank
- Why you should really take a nap this afternoon, according to science
- Grammar quiz: Do you know the passive voice?
- Here's the schedule very successful people follow every day
- How social conservatives became a minority in need of protection
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Why charity can't solve society's deepest problems
- Hey, Paul Ryan's new poverty plan isn't completely terrible!
Subscribe to the Week