A San Francisco restaurant that specializes in bacon was shut down after neighbors complained that the porcine aroma wafting from the storefront was too strong. Neighbors also alleged that the restaurant, aptly named Bacon Bacon, was operating without proper health permits. Bacon lovers were outraged. "Complaining about the smell of bacon is like complaining that it's a nice day out," one fan lamented.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- After Ferguson: Stop deferring to the cops
- The hilarious hypocrisy of Republicans complaining about the imperial presidency
- Ferguson riots were terrible — but this racist reaction was worse
- Don't argue about politics this Thanksgiving. Just don't.
- Is it now OK to have sex with animals?
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- In Ferguson, Michael Brown lost his life — and America's police lost the benefit of the doubt
- How to survive a spaceship disaster
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
Subscribe to the Week