A San Francisco restaurant that specializes in bacon was shut down after neighbors complained that the porcine aroma wafting from the storefront was too strong. Neighbors also alleged that the restaurant, aptly named Bacon Bacon, was operating without proper health permits. Bacon lovers were outraged. "Complaining about the smell of bacon is like complaining that it's a nice day out," one fan lamented.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- It's official: The religious right is calling it quits
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Obama just kneecapped Jeb Bush and Chris Christie's 2016 prospects
- The dangerously childish morality of liberal ObamaCare supporters
- How science is accelerating our search for alien life
- 10 things you need to know today: November 23, 2014
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Why insects are the future of food
- Inside Turkey's shadow war with ISIS
- The Hunger Games: Mockingjay — Part 1: 10 major differences between the book and the movie
Subscribe to the Week