A San Francisco restaurant that specializes in bacon was shut down after neighbors complained that the porcine aroma wafting from the storefront was too strong. Neighbors also alleged that the restaurant, aptly named Bacon Bacon, was operating without proper health permits. Bacon lovers were outraged. "Complaining about the smell of bacon is like complaining that it's a nice day out," one fan lamented.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- The U.S. government is actually trouncing Ebola. When will it get credit?
- The one thing the New Atheists get right about religion
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- The uncomfortable truth in The Giving Tree
- The simple trick to making better decisions in every aspect of life
- Syrian women know how to defeat ISIS
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
Subscribe to the Week