A San Francisco restaurant that specializes in bacon was shut down after neighbors complained that the porcine aroma wafting from the storefront was too strong. Neighbors also alleged that the restaurant, aptly named Bacon Bacon, was operating without proper health permits. Bacon lovers were outraged. "Complaining about the smell of bacon is like complaining that it's a nice day out," one fan lamented.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- The Obama era is over. The presidency continues.
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- America created the Islamic State of Iraq and Syria? Meet the ISIS 'truthers'
- How American businessmen are ruining American business — and the U.S. economy
- What is Molly? Everything you need to know about the party drug
- On ISIS, neocons and liberal hawks have a 'boy who cried wolf' problem
- Why you should stop believing in evolution
- How Harry Houdini escaped death
- Russia's giant spy ship was a high-tech disaster waiting to happen
- The constant struggle of running a family farm in 21st century America
Subscribe to the Week