A San Francisco restaurant that specializes in bacon was shut down after neighbors complained that the porcine aroma wafting from the storefront was too strong. Neighbors also alleged that the restaurant, aptly named Bacon Bacon, was operating without proper health permits. Bacon lovers were outraged. "Complaining about the smell of bacon is like complaining that it's a nice day out," one fan lamented.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- China's leader is telling the People's Liberation Army to prepare for war
- How to save money: 12 great personal finance tips
- How I lost all my money
- Why Pakistan won't hunt down the terrorists within its borders
- 'Tis the season for archaic English
- How academia's liberal bias is killing social science
- Diagnosing the Home Alone burglars' injuries: A professional weighs in
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- The religious right isn't retreating — it's reforming
Subscribe to the Week