In the Romanian village of Clinceni, nearly 200 people helped unroll a gigantic version of Romania's blue, yellow, and red flag. It measured 1,145 feet by 744.5 feet. That's close to three football fields. The flag is made up of about 44 miles of thread, weighs about 10,000 pounds, and now holds the Guinness World Record for largest flag in the world.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- 10 things you need to know today: October 25, 2014
- Here comes the Pentagon's newest space plane
- Let us now praise Billy Joel
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
- Extreme haunted houses: Inside Halloween's most terrifying new trend
- Why the government should pay every American child an allowance
- How 1,000-year lifespans could remake the economy
- How foreign aid screwed up Liberia's ability to fight Ebola
Subscribe to the Week