n the Romanian village of Clinceni, nearly 200 people helped unroll a gigantic version of Romania's blue, yellow, and red flag. It measured 1,145 feet by 744.5 feet. That's close to three football fields. The flag is made up of about 44 miles of thread, weighs about 10,000 pounds, and now holds the Guinness World Record for largest flag in the world.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 31 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Why atheism doesn't have the upper hand over religion
- The world's dumbest idea: Taxing solar energy
- 14 wonderful words with no English equivalent
- He said he was leaving. She ignored him.
- Attack of the invasive species
- Which states get screwed worst by the Electoral College?
- How Captain America won over China
- If a nuclear bomb exploded in downtown Washington, what should you do?
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
Subscribe to the Week