In the Romanian village of Clinceni, nearly 200 people helped unroll a gigantic version of Romania's blue, yellow, and red flag. It measured 1,145 feet by 744.5 feet. That's close to three football fields. The flag is made up of about 44 miles of thread, weighs about 10,000 pounds, and now holds the Guinness World Record for largest flag in the world.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How academia's liberal bias is killing social science
- Diagnosing the Home Alone burglars' injuries: A professional weighs in
- How Wall Street is chipping away at reform
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Why Pakistan won't hunt down the terrorists within its borders
- Why torture doesn't work: A definitive guide
- How I lost all my money
- 10 things you need to know today: December 21, 2014
- You should be furious about Hollywood's gutless retreat on The Interview
Subscribe to the Week