n the Romanian village of Clinceni, nearly 200 people helped unroll a gigantic version of Romania's blue, yellow, and red flag. It measured 1,145 feet by 744.5 feet. That's close to three football fields. The flag is made up of about 44 miles of thread, weighs about 10,000 pounds, and now holds the Guinness World Record for largest flag in the world.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why China's Communist Party is headed for collapse
- 31 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Why Texas Republicans may want to cool the anti-Obama land-grab talk
- He said he was leaving. She ignored him.
- How to make perfect fried rice in 6 easy steps
- Why the poor's investment of choice is so alarming
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Why atheism doesn't have the upper hand over religion
- Obama doesn't have a manhood problem — but conservatives certainly do
- Why we need a maximum wage
Subscribe to the Week