In the Romanian village of Clinceni, nearly 200 people helped unroll a gigantic version of Romania's blue, yellow, and red flag. It measured 1,145 feet by 744.5 feet. That's close to three football fields. The flag is made up of about 44 miles of thread, weighs about 10,000 pounds, and now holds the Guinness World Record for largest flag in the world.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How Ronald Reagan turned America into a nation of children
- Why is the West so afraid of Islam?
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Here's the schedule very successful people follow every day
- Why Mitt Romney is perfectly poised for a comeback in 2016
- The crusade against Iraq War supporters has forgotten someone: Hillary Clinton
- This week I learned the moon might be littered with dinosaur fossils, and more
- 8 things the world's most extraordinary survivors can teach you about resilience
- 8 secrets to steal from power networkers
- Why scientists can't kill HIV
Subscribe to the Week