Seven high-school students from Raleigh, N.C., were arrested and charged with misdemeanors for throwing water balloons as part of an end-of-the-year prank. Police officers, who reportedly threw several teens to the ground during the scuffle, said they were acting on rumors that the balloons were filled with "other substances." They contained only tap water. All the teens were released on bail.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 10 things you need to know today: September 2, 2014
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- The Obama era is over. The presidency continues.
- How American businessmen are ruining American business — and the U.S. economy
- Scottish independence is another financial crisis waiting to happen
- Russia's giant spy ship was a high-tech disaster waiting to happen
- Fall movie guide: All the films you should see in September
- The 10 best networking tips for people who hate networking
- America created the Islamic State of Iraq and Syria? Meet the ISIS 'truthers'
- 11 scientific studies that will restore your faith in humanity
Subscribe to the Week