Seven high-school students from Raleigh, N.C., were arrested and charged with misdemeanors for throwing water balloons as part of an end-of-the-year prank. Police officers, who reportedly threw several teens to the ground during the scuffle, said they were acting on rumors that the balloons were filled with "other substances." They contained only tap water. All the teens were released on bail.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- What is driving the increasingly weird behavior of the polar jet stream?
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Christians have no moral rationale for spanking their children
- How our botched understanding of 'science' ruins everything
- The science of sex: 4 harsh truths about dating and mating
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- Should you hope to die at 75? Absolutely not.
- Why America should team up with Bashar al-Assad's regime
- Stop hating on cyclists
Subscribe to the Week