Seven high-school students from Raleigh, N.C., were arrested and charged with misdemeanors for throwing water balloons as part of an end-of-the-year prank. Police officers, who reportedly threw several teens to the ground during the scuffle, said they were acting on rumors that the balloons were filled with "other substances." They contained only tap water. All the teens were released on bail.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- The U.S. Marines are developing laser weapons. Here's why.
- Why the Supreme Court is allowing Texas to hold an unconstitutional election
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How 1,000-year lifespans could remake the economy
- Ban PowerPoint!
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- Gamergate has backfired spectacularly on its nincompoop perpetrators
- Why you should absolutely watch this confounding, wonderful World Series
Subscribe to the Week