Seven high-school students from Raleigh, N.C., were arrested and charged with misdemeanors for throwing water balloons as part of an end-of-the-year prank. Police officers, who reportedly threw several teens to the ground during the scuffle, said they were acting on rumors that the balloons were filled with "other substances." They contained only tap water. All the teens were released on bail.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Half the world's population lives in these 6 countries
- How a degree from Duke University dashed my dreams of buying a home
- This is why you can't trust the NSA. Ever.
- Innocent before proven guilty? The bizarre bipartisan rush to clear Rick Perry
- Why you should stop believing in evolution
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- What Keeping Up with the Kardashians can teach America about interracial marriage
- The real-life events that inspired Game of Thrones' Red Wedding
- ISIS and the echoes of the West's religious terror
- It's time for the police to rethink 'shoot-to-kill'
Subscribe to the Week