Seven high-school students from Raleigh, N.C., were arrested and charged with misdemeanors for throwing water balloons as part of an end-of-the-year prank. Police officers, who reportedly threw several teens to the ground during the scuffle, said they were acting on rumors that the balloons were filled with "other substances." They contained only tap water. All the teens were released on bail.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 5 legitimate scientific controversies
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How liberals are unwittingly paving the way for the legalization of adult incest
- Libertarianism's terrible, horrible, no good, very bad idea
- 10 things you need to know today: October 2, 2014
- Why I got married — without a wedding
- Ted Cruz is the new Sarah Palin
- Why the Rubio-Lee tax plan is great politics — and great policy
- How to improve your workplace culture
Subscribe to the Week