A Pennsylvania preschool has banned "superhero play" and "monster games" to calm its students' "dangerously overactive" imaginations. The school also advised parents to monitor the media their children consume. "My son came home and told me make-believe was not allowed at school anymore," said one outraged parent.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How a degree from Duke University dashed my dreams of buying a home
- This is why you can't trust the NSA. Ever.
- Innocent before proven guilty? The bizarre bipartisan rush to clear Rick Perry
- How collaborative innovation led to the experimental serum for Ebola
- Why you should stop believing in evolution
- ISIS and the echoes of the West's religious terror
- Don't listen to Paul Ryan: The GOP is still the party of makers and takers
- 10 things you need to know today: August 22, 2014
- 4 things NASA can teach you about a good night's sleep
- Welcome to the age of ambivalent feminism
Subscribe to the Week