If you're a dog owner whose pet requires a muzzle, why not go for a comical effect? Make the Oppo Dog Muzzle ($35) part of your training regimen and you and your pooch "will definitely get a few questionable looks when strolling down the street," says TrendHunter.com. Like a traditional muzzle, each of these soft silicone beaks will keep your dog from snapping at other canines or eating street finds that are better left alone, but these training aids are far less frightening-looking. The masks are available in pink, yellow, or brown and come in three sizes.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- After Ferguson: Stop deferring to the cops
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How to adopt the perfect rescue dog
- Why the poor can't catch a break on Thanksgiving
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- The lessons of Japan's latest recession
- Is it now OK to have sex with animals?
- Ferguson riots were terrible — but this racist reaction was worse
- The hilarious hypocrisy of Republicans complaining about the imperial presidency
- In Ferguson, Michael Brown lost his life — and America's police lost the benefit of the doubt
Subscribe to the Week