If you're a dog owner whose pet requires a muzzle, why not go for a comical effect? Make the Oppo Dog Muzzle ($35) part of your training regimen and you and your pooch "will definitely get a few questionable looks when strolling down the street," says TrendHunter.com. Like a traditional muzzle, each of these soft silicone beaks will keep your dog from snapping at other canines or eating street finds that are better left alone, but these training aids are far less frightening-looking. The masks are available in pink, yellow, or brown and come in three sizes.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why you should stop believing in evolution
- Why China thinks it could defeat the U.S. in battle
- 10 things you need to know today: August 20, 2014
- The secret to handling pressure like astronauts, Navy SEALs, and samurai
- Welcome to the age of ambivalent feminism
- What you need to know before you support the police in Ferguson
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- How the West produces jihadi tourists
- What the 'death of the library' means for the future of books
- The big policy question libertarians can't answer
Subscribe to the Week