Wisconsin city has passed a law authorizing police to ticket and fine parents whose children are bullies. The city of Monona's parent-liability ordinance is aimed at parents who consistently deny that their kids could do any wrong and refuse to talk to police after bullying incidents. "This is for those times when we get the door slammed in our faces," said Monona's police chief.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 31 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Why atheism doesn't have the upper hand over religion
- The world's dumbest idea: Taxing solar energy
- He said he was leaving. She ignored him.
- 14 wonderful words with no English equivalent
- Attack of the invasive species
- Which states get screwed worst by the Electoral College?
- Lessons from Lincoln: 5 leadership tips history and science agree on
- Why I'm a pro-life liberal
- What is Molly? Everything you need to know about the party drug
Subscribe to the Week