The NRA has awarded lifetime membership to an 8-year-old boy who was suspended from school for biting his Pop-Tart into the shape of a gun. Josh Welch said he wasn't making a political statement — "I don't know why I did it" — and didn't know what the NRA was. But he said he enjoyed receiving a standing ovation during the presentation.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why you should stop believing in evolution
- Why China thinks it could defeat the U.S. in battle
- The secret to handling pressure like astronauts, Navy SEALs, and samurai
- How Ferguson made conservatives lose faith in the police
- What you need to know before you support the police in Ferguson
- Girls on Film: 5 things that need to happen before Hollywood will ever truly change
- How the West produces jihadi tourists
- What the 'death of the library' means for the future of books
- Why I give money to homeless people
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
Subscribe to the Week