The NRA has awarded lifetime membership to an 8-year-old boy who was suspended from school for biting his Pop-Tart into the shape of a gun. Josh Welch said he wasn't making a political statement — "I don't know why I did it" — and didn't know what the NRA was. But he said he enjoyed receiving a standing ovation during the presentation.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- The 11 worst fast food restaurants in America
- 7 things the world's happiest people do every day
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- Why are so many parents being arrested?
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Why America is duty bound to help Iraqi Christians
- 9 things you probably didn't know about the moon
- What if The Purge was real?
- The biggest lesson Obama failed to learn from Bush
- Israel has only two choices: Eliminate the Palestinians or make peace
Subscribe to the Week