The NRA has awarded lifetime membership to an 8-year-old boy who was suspended from school for biting his Pop-Tart into the shape of a gun. Josh Welch said he wasn't making a political statement — "I don't know why I did it" — and didn't know what the NRA was. But he said he enjoyed receiving a standing ovation during the presentation.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- America created the Islamic State of Iraq and Syria? Meet the ISIS 'truthers'
- How American businessmen are ruining American business — and the U.S. economy
- Russia's giant spy ship was a high-tech disaster waiting to happen
- The Obama era is over. The presidency continues.
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- On ISIS, neocons and liberal hawks have a 'boy who cried wolf' problem
- Fall movie guide: All the films you should see in September
- How Harry Houdini escaped death
- The 10 best networking tips for people who hate networking
- 10 things you need to know today: September 2, 2014
Subscribe to the Week