When you really want to kick back at the beach, a mere folding chair won't do. At 22 pounds, the LoungePac ($280) never likes to roam far from a boardwalk, but it's practically "a portable all-in-one resort." Twin coolers suited for a wine bottle and a cold supper sit at your elbows; pour a glass and the built-in cupholders will keep your chosen libation sand-free. At the end of the day, the chair folds up and can be toted using backpack straps or rolled away on its wheels. But with its cushy seat and optional stereo speakers, "why would anyone need to book a hotel room?" Source: Gizmodo
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How academia's liberal bias is killing social science
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Hey, bosses: Stop giving bonuses to your employees
- Why the Sony hack changes everything
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Why torture doesn't work: A definitive guide
- Alien conspiracy theorists think the government is on the verge of spilling big secrets
- You should be furious about Hollywood's gutless retreat on The Interview
- Capitalism isn't a cure-all for Cuba
Subscribe to the Week