hen you really want to kick back at the beach, a mere folding chair won't do. At 22 pounds, the LoungePac ($280) never likes to roam far from a boardwalk, but it's practically "a portable all-in-one resort." Twin coolers suited for a wine bottle and a cold supper sit at your elbows; pour a glass and the built-in cupholders will keep your chosen libation sand-free. At the end of the day, the chair folds up and can be toted using backpack straps or rolled away on its wheels. But with its cushy seat and optional stereo speakers, "why would anyone need to book a hotel room?" Source: Gizmodo
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How my boyfriend and I learned to live on one income
- He said he was leaving. She ignored him.
- Affirmative action is doomed. Here's what progressives should do about it.
- 31 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Why the poor's investment of choice is so alarming
- Why conservatives see rural America as the 'real' America
- Why China's Communist Party is headed for collapse
- Why Texas Republicans may want to cool the anti-Obama land-grab talk
- Why atheism doesn't have the upper hand over religion
- How to make perfect fried rice in 6 easy steps
Subscribe to the Week