When you really want to kick back at the beach, a mere folding chair won't do. At 22 pounds, the LoungePac ($280) never likes to roam far from a boardwalk, but it's practically "a portable all-in-one resort." Twin coolers suited for a wine bottle and a cold supper sit at your elbows; pour a glass and the built-in cupholders will keep your chosen libation sand-free. At the end of the day, the chair folds up and can be toted using backpack straps or rolled away on its wheels. But with its cushy seat and optional stereo speakers, "why would anyone need to book a hotel room?" Source: Gizmodo
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why Mitt Romney is perfectly poised for a comeback in 2016
- How to make classic pulled pork
- 8 secrets to steal from power networkers
- Why is the West so afraid of Islam?
- The Nazi smart bomb that inspired China's most dangerous weapon
- Here's the schedule very successful people follow every day
- Don't vote for Andrew Cuomo
- The best places to find love — and lust — according to science
- How The Killing survived two cancellations and ended on its own terms
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
Subscribe to the Week