When you really want to kick back at the beach, a mere folding chair won't do. At 22 pounds, the LoungePac ($280) never likes to roam far from a boardwalk, but it's practically "a portable all-in-one resort." Twin coolers suited for a wine bottle and a cold supper sit at your elbows; pour a glass and the built-in cupholders will keep your chosen libation sand-free. At the end of the day, the chair folds up and can be toted using backpack straps or rolled away on its wheels. But with its cushy seat and optional stereo speakers, "why would anyone need to book a hotel room?" Source: Gizmodo
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why you should stop believing in evolution
- 7 of the scariest spiders in existence
- Why isn't 'Arkansas' pronounced like 'Kansas'?
- 4 things NASA can teach you about a good night's sleep
- The secret to handling pressure like astronauts, Navy SEALs, and samurai
- Internet piracy isn't killing Hollywood
- It's time for the police to rethink 'shoot-to-kill'
- This 1,600-year-old Viking war game is still awesome
- Is the Christian music industry liberalizing on gay marriage?
- How Israel's hawks intimidated and silenced the last remnants of the anti-war left
Subscribe to the Week