A building superintendent in Brooklyn alerted the cops to what he thought was a "marijuana farm" on the roof of his building, only to have the police confirm that the 15 cups filled with soil were actually tomato plants. "I don't know much about plants. I'm not good with that," the superintendent said.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- 10 things you need to know today: September 1, 2014
- Hey, grammar nerds! Stop freaking out about 'alot.'
- Fall movie guide: All the films you should see in September
- Scottish independence is another financial crisis waiting to happen
- Why the West should let Russia have eastern Ukraine
- The elusive 'It factor' in presidential politics
- Why you should stop believing in evolution
- 7 things the world's happiest people do every day
- 11 scientific studies that will restore your faith in humanity
Subscribe to the Week