building superintendent in Brooklyn alerted the cops to what he thought was a "marijuana farm" on the roof of his building, only to have the police confirm that the 15 cups filled with soil were actually tomato plants. "I don't know much about plants. I'm not good with that," the superintendent said.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- He said he was leaving. She ignored him.
- How my boyfriend and I learned to live on one income
- 31 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Why the poor's investment of choice is so alarming
- Why China's Communist Party is headed for collapse
- Affirmative action is doomed. Here's what progressives should do about it.
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- How to make perfect fried rice in 6 easy steps
- Why conservatives see rural America as the 'real' America
- Why Texas Republicans may want to cool the anti-Obama land-grab talk
Subscribe to the Week