A building superintendent in Brooklyn alerted the cops to what he thought was a "marijuana farm" on the roof of his building, only to have the police confirm that the 15 cups filled with soil were actually tomato plants. "I don't know much about plants. I'm not good with that," the superintendent said.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Scottish independence is another financial crisis waiting to happen
- Why the West should let Russia have eastern Ukraine
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- The 10 best networking tips for people who hate networking
- Fall movie guide: All the films you should see in September
- 10 things you need to know today: September 1, 2014
- 7 things the world's happiest people do every day
- 11 scientific studies that will restore your faith in humanity
- Why you should stop believing in evolution
Subscribe to the Week