staff member at a New Hampshire school inadvertently triggered a lockdown when a teacher mistook her shouts as calls of distress. After investigating the school grounds, police determined that the staff member was merely calling for a dog whose name closely resembles "lockdown."
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- What the collapse of the Ming Dynasty can tell us about American decline
- Here's proof that Justin Bieber is just as spoiled as you always thought
- 7 ways to be the most interesting person in any room
- Colorado’s new ‘drive high, get a DUI’ commercials are actually pretty clever
- Why is American internet so slow?
- Ukraine's fraught relationship with Russia: A brief history
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- The GOP must try to win over African-Americans
- Who are the real gay marriage bigots?
- 22 TV shows to watch in 2014
Subscribe to the Week