A staff member at a New Hampshire school inadvertently triggered a lockdown when a teacher mistook her shouts as calls of distress. After investigating the school grounds, police determined that the staff member was merely calling for a dog whose name closely resembles "lockdown."
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Obama just kneecapped Jeb Bush and Chris Christie's 2016 prospects
- It's official: The religious right is calling it quits
- 10 classic Sesame Street moments we wouldn't show today's kids
- House hunting: 7 stunning castles in Europe
- The dangerously childish morality of liberal ObamaCare supporters
- Why insects are the future of food
- Want to eliminate the scourge of frat culture? Lower the drinking age.
- Alien conspiracy theorists think the government is on the verge of spilling big secrets
Subscribe to the Week