rash cans have gone couture. Vipp, the Danish design company whose classic pedal-operated catchall sits in New York's Museum of Modern Art, has just unveiled a new line called Trashion Bins. Fashion designer Lessja Verlingieri, who has created clothes for Lady Gaga and Britney Spears, produced eight looks for the stainless-steel cans, using 1,500 yards of fabric to dress each in "made-to-measure couture." They're "perfect for fashionistas" who can't see what MoMA saw in the original Vipp. From $4,634, vipp.com
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 31 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Why atheism doesn't have the upper hand over religion
- Attack of the invasive species
- He said he was leaving. She ignored him.
- 14 wonderful words with no English equivalent
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Which states get screwed worst by the Electoral College?
- How Captain America won over China
- These stunning travel photos remind us that we're all just amateurs with iPhones
- The world's dumbest idea: Taxing solar energy
Subscribe to the Week