An upstate New York high school student says he had to quit a Christian school because he was relentlessly bullied about his Canadian heritage. Noah Kilpatrick, 15, says that the faculty at the Faith Fellowship Christian School told him that Canadians "were all stupid," and that being called a Canadian "was not a compliment."
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- The U.S. Marines are developing laser weapons. Here's why.
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Why the Supreme Court is allowing Texas to hold an unconstitutional election
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Gamergate has backfired spectacularly on its nincompoop perpetrators
- How 1,000-year lifespans could remake the economy
- Ban PowerPoint!
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- 16 characters from other languages that make great emoticons
Subscribe to the Week