A Georgia middle school girl was kicked off her school's football team because her presence might trigger "lustful thoughts" in her teammates. Maddy Blythe, 12, said she was told she could not return to the Strong Rock Christian School's football team despite her strong play because the Bible discourages such gender mixing. Said Maddy, "It's like taking my dream and throwing it in the trash."
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- The real reason conservatives should be outraged that police killed a white youth
- 8 ways you're probably overspending without even realizing it
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- Why you should stop believing in evolution
- Even critics of the euro didn't see this coming
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Why the West should accept ISIS as a sovereign nation
- The secret to handling pressure like astronauts, Navy SEALs, and samurai
- The essential techniques that every home cook should know
- 6 constitutional amendments that just missed the cut
Subscribe to the Week