A Georgia middle school girl was kicked off her school's football team because her presence might trigger "lustful thoughts" in her teammates. Maddy Blythe, 12, said she was told she could not return to the Strong Rock Christian School's football team despite her strong play because the Bible discourages such gender mixing. Said Maddy, "It's like taking my dream and throwing it in the trash."
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why is the Pentagon stuffing caves in Norway full of tanks?
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- The one thing the New Atheists get right about religion
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
- The U.S. government is actually trouncing Ebola. When will it get credit?
- Syrian women know how to defeat ISIS
- Why America needs more billionaires
- Gamergate has backfired spectacularly on its nincompoop perpetrators
- The real story behind Deliver Us From Evil
Subscribe to the Week