A New York City police officer was reprimanded for speaking one sentence of Spanish while on duty. Jessenia Guzman said that when another officer said she was going to buy coffee, she responded in Spanish. Hours later, the NYPD reprimand her. "We should be speaking in one voice, which is English," said a spokeswoman.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- This is what happens when Republicans actually enact their radical agenda
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- The Obama administration's nonstop incoherence on ISIS
- How I dug myself out of debt — and stayed that way
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- Why so many Christians won't back down on gay marriage
- The science of sex: 4 harsh truths about dating and mating
- 6 super-helpful iOS8 tricks you probably don't know about
- Russia is stealthily threatening America with nuclear war
Subscribe to the Week