New York City police officer was reprimanded for speaking one sentence of Spanish while on duty. Jessenia Guzman said that when another officer said she was going to buy coffee, she responded in Spanish. Hours later, the NYPD reprimand her. "We should be speaking in one voice, which is English," said a spokeswoman.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Here's proof that Justin Bieber is just as spoiled as you always thought
- Why is it so expensive to build a bridge in America?
- 10 things you need to know today: March 11, 2014
- Why I'm sick and tired of seeing naked women on HBO
- Watch Zach Galifianakis get annoyed at President Obama on Between Two Ferns
- What the collapse of the Ming Dynasty can tell us about American decline
- 7 ways to be the most interesting person in any room
- The GOP must try to win over African-Americans
Subscribe to the Week