"It's never too soon to set a child on the road to mega-consumption," says the Los Angeles Times. And the new Porsche Go-Kart ($900) does the trick. Built for young drivers who weigh up to 110 pounds, the pedal-powered, steel-framed über-toy features a sport seat, composite rims, low-profile inflatable tires, and Porsche's familiar Stuttgart coat of arms. The trouble with the long slog of childhood, up until now, was "the complete lack of luxury vehicles." Suddenly, being a kid doesn't look so bad.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- The uncomfortable truth in The Giving Tree
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- The U.S. government is actually trouncing Ebola. When will it get credit?
- The simple trick to making better decisions in every aspect of life
- Why 2014 may be as good as it gets for the Republican Party
- Why America needs more billionaires
- Syrian women know how to defeat ISIS
- The one thing the New Atheists get right about religion
- 5 baffling foreign-language versions of the Fresh Prince of Bel-Air theme song
Subscribe to the Week