"It's never too soon to set a child on the road to mega-consumption," says the Los Angeles Times. And the new Porsche Go-Kart ($900) does the trick. Built for young drivers who weigh up to 110 pounds, the pedal-powered, steel-framed über-toy features a sport seat, composite rims, low-profile inflatable tires, and Porsche's familiar Stuttgart coat of arms. The trouble with the long slog of childhood, up until now, was "the complete lack of luxury vehicles." Suddenly, being a kid doesn't look so bad.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why is American internet so slow?
- Don't worry: World War III will almost certainly never happen
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- What the collapse of the Ming Dynasty can tell us about American decline
- Russia's Ukraine invasion is a moral crisis
- 22 TV shows to watch in 2014
- 4 life hacks from ancient philosophers that will make you happier
- The end of academic freedom?
- The Daily Show explains Hamid Karzai's 'Afghan Hustle'
- Mitt Romney, 2016 frontrunner*
Subscribe to the Week