"It's never too soon to set a child on the road to mega-consumption," says the Los Angeles Times. And the new Porsche Go-Kart ($900) does the trick. Built for young drivers who weigh up to 110 pounds, the pedal-powered, steel-framed über-toy features a sport seat, composite rims, low-profile inflatable tires, and Porsche's familiar Stuttgart coat of arms. The trouble with the long slog of childhood, up until now, was "the complete lack of luxury vehicles." Suddenly, being a kid doesn't look so bad.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- China's leader is telling the People's Liberation Army to prepare for war
- How I lost all my money
- The best books we read in 2014
- Why Pakistan won't hunt down the terrorists within its borders
- How to save money: 12 great personal finance tips
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Diagnosing the Home Alone burglars' injuries: A professional weighs in
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- The religious right isn't retreating — it's reforming
- How academia's liberal bias is killing social science
Subscribe to the Week