"It's never too soon to set a child on the road to mega-consumption," says the Los Angeles Times. And the new Porsche Go-Kart ($900) does the trick. Built for young drivers who weigh up to 110 pounds, the pedal-powered, steel-framed über-toy features a sport seat, composite rims, low-profile inflatable tires, and Porsche's familiar Stuttgart coat of arms. The trouble with the long slog of childhood, up until now, was "the complete lack of luxury vehicles." Suddenly, being a kid doesn't look so bad.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Beware of Splenda: The backlash against artificial sugars
- The real story behind Deliver Us From Evil
- Stop making fun of philosophy and read some philosophy
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- Sorry, we will not all be having sex with robots in the future
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
Subscribe to the Week