Rangers in Death Valley National Park are begging tourists to stop cracking eggs on the sidewalk. Daytime temperatures there have soared above 120 degrees, inspiring many visitors to try to fry eggs on the ground, leaving a mess for maintenance crews. If visitors must attempt egg-frying, the rangers said, they should at least "use a pan or tin foil."
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- This is what happens when Republicans actually enact their radical agenda
- How I dug myself out of debt — and stayed that way
- Russia is stealthily threatening America with nuclear war
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- The science of sex: 4 harsh truths about dating and mating
- 13 Urban Outfitters controversies
- America is doomed! (And other thoughts on our gloomy historical moment.)
- 11 weeknight dinners you can make without a recipe
- If Scotland leaves the union, is Northern Ireland next?
Subscribe to the Week