Rangers in Death Valley National Park are begging tourists to stop cracking eggs on the sidewalk. Daytime temperatures there have soared above 120 degrees, inspiring many visitors to try to fry eggs on the ground, leaving a mess for maintenance crews. If visitors must attempt egg-frying, the rangers said, they should at least "use a pan or tin foil."
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Is it now OK to have sex with animals?
- In defense of Gwyneth Paltrow
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- In Ferguson, Michael Brown lost his life — and America's police lost the benefit of the doubt
- Republicans love this new health care plan. Too bad it's basically a tax cut for the rich.
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
Subscribe to the Week