Rangers in Death Valley National Park are begging tourists to stop cracking eggs on the sidewalk. Daytime temperatures there have soared above 120 degrees, inspiring many visitors to try to fry eggs on the ground, leaving a mess for maintenance crews. If visitors must attempt egg-frying, the rangers said, they should at least "use a pan or tin foil."
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Could better U.S.-Cuban relations thwart baseball's human smuggling problem?
- Dick Cheney's America is an ugly place
- How academia's liberal bias is killing social science
- How to make the ultimate grilled cheese
- Why torture doesn't work: A definitive guide
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- The Hobbit: A disappointing set of movies, but a worthy set of prequels
- The liberation of Barack Obama
Subscribe to the Week