angers in Death Valley National Park are begging tourists to stop cracking eggs on the sidewalk. Daytime temperatures there have soared above 120 degrees, inspiring many visitors to try to fry eggs on the ground, leaving a mess for maintenance crews. If visitors must attempt egg-frying, the rangers said, they should at least "use a pan or tin foil."
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Mad Men recap: 'A Day's Work'
- The sexual politics of Game of Thrones just got enormously worse
- 31 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Aereo at the Supreme Court: No matter what, broadcasters lose
- 10 things you need to know today: April 21, 2014
- He said he was leaving. She ignored him.
- Why atheism doesn't have the upper hand over religion
- Wounded in Boston, two brothers endure
- 14 wonderful words with no English equivalent
- The hidden reason for the student loan crisis
Subscribe to the Week