nimal shelters in many U.S. cities are reporting a surge in the number of abandoned chickens. Tiffany Young, founder of a Seattle animal rescue group, says the problem is "hipster urban yuppie types" trying to raise poultry in their backyards — and giving up when they realize it’s hard work. "There is not a sanctuary in the Northwest that is not at capacity or beyond," said Young.
- Watch SNL delightfully mess with all your childhood Christmas favorites
- How to dramatically improve your memory
- Which professions have the most psychopaths?
- Diagnosing the Home Alone burglars' injuries: A professional weighs in
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- 32 TV shows to watch in 2013 [Updated]
- What kind of worker are you?
- What to expect when you're expecting (100 years ago)
- Why European women are still smoking like chimneys
- The executioners' lament
Subscribe to the Week