Three former Target employees are suing the retail giant for racial discrimination, alleging in part that a list of "multi-cultural tips" distributed to managers was itself offensive. The lawsuit filed by Robert Gonzalez, Bulmaro Fabian, and Pedro Garcia-Ayala says that among the "tips" were the observations that not all Hispanics eat "tacos and burritos" and that "not everyone wears a sombrero."
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why you should stop believing in evolution
- How Israel's hawks intimidated and silenced the last remnants of the anti-war left
- 10 things you need to know today: August 21, 2014
- The secret to handling pressure like astronauts, Navy SEALs, and samurai
- Why your employer should clean your house and do your laundry
- It's time for the police to rethink 'shoot-to-kill'
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- The fascinating political evolution of Paul Ryan
- What you need to know before you support the police in Ferguson
- The big policy question libertarians can't answer
Subscribe to the Week