Three former Target employees are suing the retail giant for racial discrimination, alleging in part that a list of "multi-cultural tips" distributed to managers was itself offensive. The lawsuit filed by Robert Gonzalez, Bulmaro Fabian, and Pedro Garcia-Ayala says that among the "tips" were the observations that not all Hispanics eat "tacos and burritos" and that "not everyone wears a sombrero."
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How our botched understanding of 'science' ruins everything
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Mike Huckabee's head-scratching advice to Christian voters
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- The science of sex: 4 harsh truths about dating and mating
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- How Scotland's independence movement lost the vote and still won everything
- Why so many Christians won't back down on gay marriage
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Adrian Peterson and our misguided debate about spanking
Subscribe to the Week