Three former Target employees are suing the retail giant for racial discrimination, alleging in part that a list of "multi-cultural tips" distributed to managers was itself offensive. The lawsuit filed by Robert Gonzalez, Bulmaro Fabian, and Pedro Garcia-Ayala says that among the "tips" were the observations that not all Hispanics eat "tacos and burritos" and that "not everyone wears a sombrero."
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Stop making fun of philosophy and read some philosophy
- How the brides of ISIS are attracting Western women
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- Beware of Splenda: The backlash against artificial sugars
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- How to live a long life, according to science
- The secret advantages of great penmanship
- Sorry, we will not all be having sex with robots in the future
- For Democrats, the right lesson from 2014 is to be more liberal
Subscribe to the Week