Three former Target employees are suing the retail giant for racial discrimination, alleging in part that a list of "multi-cultural tips" distributed to managers was itself offensive. The lawsuit filed by Robert Gonzalez, Bulmaro Fabian, and Pedro Garcia-Ayala says that among the "tips" were the observations that not all Hispanics eat "tacos and burritos" and that "not everyone wears a sombrero."
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why all drugs should be legal. (Yes, even heroin.)
- How to trim $500 from your monthly spending
- Comic-Con 2014: Everything we learned about Avengers 2, Batman v. Superman, and more
- 7 ideas from ancient thinkers that will improve your modern life
- Here's the schedule very successful people follow every day
- The big, gaping hole in the liberal policy arsenal
- A gay Mormon's complicated journey
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Blame Obama and U.S. evangelicals for the persecution of Iraqi Christians
- Face it, ladies: We can't all be beautiful
Subscribe to the Week