n Iowa dentist did not discriminate against a female assistant he fired because she was "too sexy," the Iowa Supreme Court has ruled. Dental assistant Melissa Nelson, 33, claimed that her boss illegally fired her on the grounds that she was a "temptation" and a threat to his marriage. The all-male bench reaffirmed that the firing was not discriminatory because it was "motivated by feelings, not gender."
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 31 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Why atheism doesn't have the upper hand over religion
- He said he was leaving. She ignored him.
- 14 wonderful words with no English equivalent
- Why I'm a pro-life liberal
- How Captain America won over China
- These stunning travel photos remind us that we're all just amateurs with iPhones
- Attack of the invasive species
- When will the Big One strike California?
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
Subscribe to the Week