n Indiana school district says it wasted $300,000 last year because its students are rejecting the school's new healthy lunch program, which was designed by First Lady Michelle Obama. Students in the Carmel Clay district are dumping vegetables and fruit in the garbage, or skipping lunch altogether, said food service director Linda Wireman. "There are a lot of complaints they're going home hungry," Wireman said.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why is American internet so slow?
- 7 ways to be the most interesting person in any room
- What the collapse of the Ming Dynasty can tell us about American decline
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Colorado’s new ‘drive high, get a DUI’ commercials are actually pretty clever
- SNL tackles Vladimir Putin's Ukraine invasion, politically and personally
- Who are the real gay marriage bigots?
- 22 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Sorry Belle Knox, porn still oppresses women
- Ukraine's fraught relationship with Russia: A brief history
Subscribe to the Week