An Indiana school district says it wasted $300,000 last year because its students are rejecting the school's new healthy lunch program, which was designed by First Lady Michelle Obama. Students in the Carmel Clay district are dumping vegetables and fruit in the garbage, or skipping lunch altogether, said food service director Linda Wireman. "There are a lot of complaints they're going home hungry," Wireman said.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 5 legitimate scientific controversies
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- How liberals are unwittingly paving the way for the legalization of adult incest
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Libertarianism's terrible, horrible, no good, very bad idea
- Ted Cruz is the new Sarah Palin
- How to improve your workplace culture
- 10 things you need to know today: October 2, 2014
- Why I got married — without a wedding
- Why the Rubio-Lee tax plan is great politics — and great policy
Subscribe to the Week