An Indiana school district says it wasted $300,000 last year because its students are rejecting the school's new healthy lunch program, which was designed by First Lady Michelle Obama. Students in the Carmel Clay district are dumping vegetables and fruit in the garbage, or skipping lunch altogether, said food service director Linda Wireman. "There are a lot of complaints they're going home hungry," Wireman said.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Syrian women know how to defeat ISIS
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Will Kobani be ISIS's Waterloo?
- The one thing the New Atheists get right about religion
- The U.S. Marines are developing laser weapons. Here's why.
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
- Bob Odenkirk's 6 favorite books
- The stories behind 22 classic album covers
- Paul Krugman, Amazon, and the left's backwards view of book-industry titans
Subscribe to the Week