gun giveaway sponsored by the New Jersey Second Amendment Society came under fire for raffling off an assault rifle that is illegal to own in the state. Anyone who registered their opposition to Gov. Chris Christie's gun-control bill was automatically entered in a lottery to win one of three guns, including the Sig Sauer M400 Enhanced rifle, which is illegal because it comes with a 30-round magazine. The group later pulled the gun from the raffle.
- This is the twistiest tongue twister ever, says science
- 4 secret societies you probably don't know about
- Diagnosing the Home Alone burglars' injuries: A professional weighs in
- The secrets of happy families
- How to stick it to the poor: A congressional strategy
- Battle in a blizzard
- Did God have a wife?
- Which professions have the most psychopaths?
- Would you cuddle a stranger for $80 an hour?
- Why U.S. and British spies have moles in World of Warcraft
Subscribe to the Week