gun giveaway sponsored by the New Jersey Second Amendment Society came under fire for raffling off an assault rifle that is illegal to own in the state. Anyone who registered their opposition to Gov. Chris Christie's gun-control bill was automatically entered in a lottery to win one of three guns, including the Sig Sauer M400 Enhanced rifle, which is illegal because it comes with a 30-round magazine. The group later pulled the gun from the raffle.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 31 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Attack of the invasive species
- He said he was leaving. She ignored him.
- Why atheism doesn't have the upper hand over religion
- 14 wonderful words with no English equivalent
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- These stunning travel photos remind us that we're all just amateurs with iPhones
- If a nuclear bomb exploded in downtown Washington, what should you do?
- How Captain America won over China
- Which states get screwed worst by the Electoral College?
Subscribe to the Week