A gun giveaway sponsored by the New Jersey Second Amendment Society came under fire for raffling off an assault rifle that is illegal to own in the state. Anyone who registered their opposition to Gov. Chris Christie's gun-control bill was automatically entered in a lottery to win one of three guns, including the Sig Sauer M400 Enhanced rifle, which is illegal because it comes with a 30-round magazine. The group later pulled the gun from the raffle.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How academia's liberal bias is killing social science
- Why Pakistan won't hunt down the terrorists within its borders
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Vox, derp, and the intellectual stagnation of the left
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Pope Francis' American problem
- Sorry, GOP, tax cuts don't pay for themselves
- Diagnosing the Home Alone burglars' injuries: A professional weighs in
- A brief history of the Christmas present
Subscribe to the Week