A gun giveaway sponsored by the New Jersey Second Amendment Society came under fire for raffling off an assault rifle that is illegal to own in the state. Anyone who registered their opposition to Gov. Chris Christie's gun-control bill was automatically entered in a lottery to win one of three guns, including the Sig Sauer M400 Enhanced rifle, which is illegal because it comes with a 30-round magazine. The group later pulled the gun from the raffle.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why all drugs should be legal. (Yes, even heroin.)
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Here's the schedule very successful people follow every day
- Are there too many good shows on television?
- 7 ideas from ancient thinkers that will improve your modern life
- The weird obsession that's ruining the GOP
- Paul Ryan's anti-poverty plan is another sign of life in the GOP
- The big, gaping hole in the liberal policy arsenal
- How to trim $500 from your monthly spending
- The NFL is terrified of the culture war
Subscribe to the Week