A gun giveaway sponsored by the New Jersey Second Amendment Society came under fire for raffling off an assault rifle that is illegal to own in the state. Anyone who registered their opposition to Gov. Chris Christie's gun-control bill was automatically entered in a lottery to win one of three guns, including the Sig Sauer M400 Enhanced rifle, which is illegal because it comes with a 30-round magazine. The group later pulled the gun from the raffle.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- This is what happens when Republicans actually enact their radical agenda
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- The Obama administration's nonstop incoherence on ISIS
- How I dug myself out of debt — and stayed that way
- The science of sex: 4 harsh truths about dating and mating
- Why so many Christians won't back down on gay marriage
- 6 super-helpful iOS8 tricks you probably don't know about
- 13 Urban Outfitters controversies
Subscribe to the Week