A 15-year-old Connecticut girl was kicked out of sleep-away camp for kissing a boy. A lawsuit filed by her parents says that after learning of the "innocent" kiss, the director of Camp Emerson in Massachusetts called the girl a "slut" and a "tramp," and expelled her and the boy from the camp. The lawsuit says many other campers have been caught kissing without getting kicked out.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- What is driving the increasingly weird behavior of the polar jet stream?
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How our botched understanding of 'science' ruins everything
- Christians have no moral rationale for spanking their children
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- The science of sex: 4 harsh truths about dating and mating
- Should you hope to die at 75? Absolutely not.
- Stop hating on cyclists
- Why America should team up with Bashar al-Assad's regime
Subscribe to the Week