A New Jersey judge ruled that casino waitresses are "sex objects" who can be fired for gaining weight. Waitresses in the Borgata Hotel's "Babe" program sued over a rule requiring them to stay close to their hiring weight. But Judge Nelson Johnson said any woman hired as a "Babe" had voluntarily agreed to become "a sex object to the Borgata's patrons."
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- The Obama administration's nonstop incoherence on ISIS
- This is what happens when Republicans actually enact their radical agenda
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 6 super-helpful iOS8 tricks you probably don't know about
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How I dug myself out of debt — and stayed that way
- Why so many Christians won't back down on gay marriage
- The science of sex: 4 harsh truths about dating and mating
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- Russia is stealthily threatening America with nuclear war
Subscribe to the Week