New Jersey judge ruled that casino waitresses are "sex objects" who can be fired for gaining weight. Waitresses in the Borgata Hotel's "Babe" program sued over a rule requiring them to stay close to their hiring weight. But Judge Nelson Johnson said any woman hired as a "Babe" had voluntarily agreed to become "a sex object to the Borgata's patrons."
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 31 TV shows to watch in 2014
- 14 wonderful words with no English equivalent
- Why atheism doesn't have the upper hand over religion
- He said he was leaving. She ignored him.
- 10 things you need to know today: April 20, 2014
- Why would a young person today be religious?
- Why Easter is so important to Christians
- Wounded in Boston, two brothers endure
- How Captain America won over China
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
Subscribe to the Week