A New Jersey judge ruled that casino waitresses are "sex objects" who can be fired for gaining weight. Waitresses in the Borgata Hotel's "Babe" program sued over a rule requiring them to stay close to their hiring weight. But Judge Nelson Johnson said any woman hired as a "Babe" had voluntarily agreed to become "a sex object to the Borgata's patrons."
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why all drugs should be legal. (Yes, even heroin.)
- Here's the schedule very successful people follow every day
- Comic-Con 2014: Everything we learned about Avengers 2, Batman v. Superman, and more
- 7 ideas from ancient thinkers that will improve your modern life
- The big, gaping hole in the liberal policy arsenal
- Blame Obama and U.S. evangelicals for the persecution of Iraqi Christians
- Are there too many good shows on television?
- Face it, ladies: We can't all be beautiful
- How to trim $500 from your monthly spending
- A gay Mormon's complicated journey
Subscribe to the Week