Vivienne Harr is not your typical 9-year-old. The California native has spent the last year raising more than $100,000 selling lemonade in an effort to fight child slavery. Vivienne was inspired to start her business when she saw journalist Lisa Kristine's book Slavery, a collection of photographs of slaves around the world. "It's a giveness, not a business," the little altruist is fond of saying of her lemonade operation.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why the West should let Russia have eastern Ukraine
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- 9 Harvard dropouts who became fabulously successful
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- Why you should stop believing in evolution
- The real reason conservatives should be outraged that police killed a white youth
- The dangers of our passionless American life
- What is Molly? Everything you need to know about the party drug
- How China sparked an Asian frenzy for killer submarines
- 5 deliciously creative oats recipes
Subscribe to the Week