ivienne Harr is not your typical 9-year-old. The California native has spent the last year raising more than $100,000 selling lemonade in an effort to fight child slavery. Vivienne was inspired to start her business when she saw journalist Lisa Kristine's book Slavery, a collection of photographs of slaves around the world. "It's a giveness, not a business," the little altruist is fond of saying of her lemonade operation.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Who are the real gay marriage bigots?
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Sorry Belle Knox, porn still oppresses women
- What the collapse of the Ming Dynasty can tell us about American decline
- Watch The Daily Show mock Fox News' confused man-crush on Vladimir Putin
- Why is American internet so slow?
- Don't worry: World War III will almost certainly never happen
- 10 things you need to know today: March 8, 2014
- Religious liberty should be a liberal value, too
- Why states should stop limiting the alcohol content in your beer
Subscribe to the Week