Vivienne Harr is not your typical 9-year-old. The California native has spent the last year raising more than $100,000 selling lemonade in an effort to fight child slavery. Vivienne was inspired to start her business when she saw journalist Lisa Kristine's book Slavery, a collection of photographs of slaves around the world. "It's a giveness, not a business," the little altruist is fond of saying of her lemonade operation.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- The mystery behind China's aggressive push into space
- Here's the schedule very successful people follow every day
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Why Texas' abortion rates aren't falling as quickly as everyone expected
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- The 6 best low-cost smartphones
- Paul Ryan's anti-poverty plan is another sign of life in the GOP
- What religious traditionalists can teach us about sex
- Why all drugs should be legal. (Yes, even heroin.)
- Yes, Republicans can impeach President Obama
Subscribe to the Week