Some Philadelphia residents are furious that cheesesteak shop owner Joe Groh changed his restaurant's name from "Chink's Steaks" to "Joe's Steaks." Patrons accusing Groh of buckling to political correctness have painted "Chink's" on the window and amassed over 10,000 signatures on a petition to change the shop's name back. Groh is refusing. "It's 2013," he said. "It's time."
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- The U.S. is about to sell weapons to Vietnam. That's bad news for China.
- Why is the Pentagon stuffing caves in Norway full of tanks?
- What the Middle Ages can tell us about the GOP's big charity myth
- An open letter to #brands about Gamergate
- Did the media get Ferguson wrong?
- 'Having it all' has officially jumped the shark
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- The most sensible GOP alternative to ObamaCare comes from a Senate candidate who is almost sure to lose
- Did Republicans overshoot on the Ebola panic?
- Gamergate has backfired spectacularly on its nincompoop perpetrators
Subscribe to the Week