Some Philadelphia residents are furious that cheesesteak shop owner Joe Groh changed his restaurant's name from "Chink's Steaks" to "Joe's Steaks." Patrons accusing Groh of buckling to political correctness have painted "Chink's" on the window and amassed over 10,000 signatures on a petition to change the shop's name back. Groh is refusing. "It's 2013," he said. "It's time."
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- The U.S. is about to sell weapons to Vietnam. That's bad news for China.
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
- Why is the Pentagon stuffing caves in Norway full of tanks?
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- An open letter to #brands about Gamergate
- What the Middle Ages can tell us about the GOP's big charity myth
- Gamergate has backfired spectacularly on its nincompoop perpetrators
- The real story behind Deliver Us From Evil
- 'Having it all' has officially jumped the shark
Subscribe to the Week