n anti-abortion activist eager to volunteer at a Washington, D.C., crisis pregnancy center was turned away for being an atheist. Sarah Terzo said the clinic's staff was initially welcoming, but rejected her help after learning of her atheism, saying they didn't have "non-Christians working here." Terzo says nine other anti-abortion organizations would not let atheists volunteer either.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 31 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Why atheism doesn't have the upper hand over religion
- Why would a young person today be religious?
- The world's dumbest idea: Taxing solar energy
- He said he was leaving. She ignored him.
- 14 wonderful words with no English equivalent
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Why I'm a pro-life liberal
- How to flirt, according to science
- Which states get screwed worst by the Electoral College?
Subscribe to the Week