An anti-abortion activist eager to volunteer at a Washington, D.C., crisis pregnancy center was turned away for being an atheist. Sarah Terzo said the clinic's staff was initially welcoming, but rejected her help after learning of her atheism, saying they didn't have "non-Christians working here." Terzo says nine other anti-abortion organizations would not let atheists volunteer either.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- The 11 worst fast food restaurants in America
- I hate Ayn Rand — but here's why my fellow conservatives love her
- Why Peter Capaldi has a bigger challenge than any Doctor Who in history
- 7 things the world's happiest people do every day
- Why are so many parents being arrested?
- The weird obsession that's ruining the GOP
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- 10 things you need to know today: July 23, 2014
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Here's the schedule very successful people follow every day
Subscribe to the Week