he morning of her wedding, a bride in Kent, Wash., packed her $6,000 dress in her car. Then she quickly ran back inside her home, and came out to find the dress gone. The frantic bride called 911. The veteran dispatcher sent an officer to the bride's home, but also realized that she might have a solution. A newlywed herself, the dispatcher texted a photo of her dress to the officer, who showed the bride. She thought it might fit, and it did — letting the bride walk down the aisle in something borrowed and beautiful.
- 4 secret societies you probably don't know about
- Did God have a wife?
- 10 things you need to know today: December 9, 2013
- How to stick it to the poor: A congressional strategy
- Watch SNL delightfully mess with all your childhood Christmas favorites
- 7 strange things found in people's stomachs [Updated]
- Homeland recap: 'Big Man in Tehran'
- Your financial to-do list for December
- Which professions have the most psychopaths?
- Rick Santorum wins the prize for the worst Nelson Mandela tribute
Subscribe to the Week