Los Angeles private schools are hiring celebrity photographers to take student yearbook photos. Photographer Vince Bucci, who has taken portraits of Kim Kardashian and Avril Lavigne, makes elementary-school kids look like stars, so other schools are jumping on the trend. "Last year we had a parent apply to the school based on the amazing photos in the yearbook," says a teacher at Hollywood Schoolhouse.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- The U.S. is about to sell weapons to Vietnam. That's bad news for China.
- Why is the Pentagon stuffing caves in Norway full of tanks?
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- An open letter to #brands about Gamergate
- What the Middle Ages can tell us about the GOP's big charity myth
- The real story behind Deliver Us From Evil
- Gamergate has backfired spectacularly on its nincompoop perpetrators
- Did the media get Ferguson wrong?
Subscribe to the Week