Los Angeles private schools are hiring celebrity photographers to take student yearbook photos. Photographer Vince Bucci, who has taken portraits of Kim Kardashian and Avril Lavigne, makes elementary-school kids look like stars, so other schools are jumping on the trend. "Last year we had a parent apply to the school based on the amazing photos in the yearbook," says a teacher at Hollywood Schoolhouse.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 10 things you need to know today: September 1, 2014
- The 10 best networking tips for people who hate networking
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- 11 scientific studies that will restore your faith in humanity
- Why the West should let Russia have eastern Ukraine
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- Why baseball is America's most dangerous spectator sport
- Scottish independence is another financial crisis waiting to happen
- Why you should stop believing in evolution
- The elusive 'It factor' in presidential politics
Subscribe to the Week