Danny may be only five months old, but the hound mix has already suffered through some seriously difficult dog years. The puppy, recently rescued from a bad situation in Texas, was diagnosed with a rare, aggressive form of juvenile cataracts that cost him his sight. But thanks to the Austin Humane Society, which performed surgery for free, Danny can now see. Danny's heartwarming tale garnered enough donations to cover all of his post-surgery costs. Check out a video at the Huffington Post.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How academia's liberal bias is killing social science
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Hey, bosses: Stop giving bonuses to your employees
- Why the Sony hack changes everything
- Why torture doesn't work: A definitive guide
- Capitalism isn't a cure-all for Cuba
Subscribe to the Week