Danny may be only five months old, but the hound mix has already suffered through some seriously difficult dog years. The puppy, recently rescued from a bad situation in Texas, was diagnosed with a rare, aggressive form of juvenile cataracts that cost him his sight. But thanks to the Austin Humane Society, which performed surgery for free, Danny can now see. Danny's heartwarming tale garnered enough donations to cover all of his post-surgery costs. Check out a video at the Huffington Post.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- What the Middle Ages can tell us about the GOP's big charity myth
- 10 things you need to know today: October 24, 2014
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- America's anti-feminist mega-corporations' toxic disregard for women must stop
- The U.S. is about to sell weapons to Vietnam. That's bad news for China.
- Let us now praise Billy Joel
- How foreign aid screwed up Liberia's ability to fight Ebola
- 10 self-sabotaging interview mistakes to avoid
Subscribe to the Week