Danny may be only five months old, but the hound mix has already suffered through some seriously difficult dog years. The puppy, recently rescued from a bad situation in Texas, was diagnosed with a rare, aggressive form of juvenile cataracts that cost him his sight. But thanks to the Austin Humane Society, which performed surgery for free, Danny can now see. Danny's heartwarming tale garnered enough donations to cover all of his post-surgery costs. Check out a video at the Huffington Post.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 13 Urban Outfitters controversies
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- This is how the U.S. thinks China could invade Taiwan
- The science of sex: 4 harsh truths about dating and mating
- Why you should stop believing in evolution
- Can we lead spiritually fulfilling lives without religion?
- Surviving a plane crash
- Obama knows he can't really 'defeat' ISIS. Americans need to wake up to that reality, too.
- America created the Islamic State of Iraq and Syria? Meet the ISIS 'truthers'
Subscribe to the Week