Danny may be only five months old, but the hound mix has already suffered through some seriously difficult dog years. The puppy, recently rescued from a bad situation in Texas, was diagnosed with a rare, aggressive form of juvenile cataracts that cost him his sight. But thanks to the Austin Humane Society, which performed surgery for free, Danny can now see. Danny's heartwarming tale garnered enough donations to cover all of his post-surgery costs. Check out a video at the Huffington Post.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- Why you should stop believing in evolution
- The secret to handling pressure like astronauts, Navy SEALs, and samurai
- After Ferguson, we don't need another dialogue on race
- Your literary playlist: A guide to the music of Haruki Murakami
- How Hillary Clinton's 'smart power' turned Libya into a dumpster fire
- In defense of Obama's golfing
- The government is getting into the fact-checking business. Be very, very afraid.
Subscribe to the Week