Danny may be only five months old, but the hound mix has already suffered through some seriously difficult dog years. The puppy, recently rescued from a bad situation in Texas, was diagnosed with a rare, aggressive form of juvenile cataracts that cost him his sight. But thanks to the Austin Humane Society, which performed surgery for free, Danny can now see. Danny's heartwarming tale garnered enough donations to cover all of his post-surgery costs. Check out a video at the Huffington Post.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- It's official: The religious right is calling it quits
- 10 things you need to know today: November 24, 2014
- What would it take for humans to build a settlement on Mars?
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Obama just kneecapped Jeb Bush and Chris Christie's 2016 prospects
- The dangerously childish morality of liberal ObamaCare supporters
- Want to eliminate the scourge of frat culture? Lower the drinking age.
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- House hunting: 7 stunning castles in Europe
- 10 classic Sesame Street moments we wouldn't show today's kids
Subscribe to the Week