A New York City hotel is offering wealthy guests a chance to go "glamping" — glamorous camping — so they can experience the outdoors with four-star amenities. Guests at New York's AKA Central Park can spend $2,000 a night to sleep on a queen bed on the terrace of the hotel's penthouse. "It's basically being able to sleep under the stars in a luxury setting," said AKA Central Park's general manager.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 10 things you need to know today: October 30, 2014
- Beware of Splenda: The backlash against artificial sugars
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- For Democrats, the right lesson from 2014 is to be more liberal
- How to live a long life, according to science
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- Sorry, we will not all be having sex with robots in the future
- 13 Urban Outfitters controversies
- Yes, the Federal Reserve is politicized — and that's a good thing
Subscribe to the Week