A New York City hotel is offering wealthy guests a chance to go "glamping" — glamorous camping — so they can experience the outdoors with four-star amenities. Guests at New York's AKA Central Park can spend $2,000 a night to sleep on a queen bed on the terrace of the hotel's penthouse. "It's basically being able to sleep under the stars in a luxury setting," said AKA Central Park's general manager.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Here comes the Pentagon's newest space plane
- Why is the Pentagon stuffing caves in Norway full of tanks?
- How 1,000-year lifespans could remake the economy
- Extreme haunted houses: Inside Halloween's most terrifying new trend
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
- America's anti-feminist mega-corporations' toxic disregard for women must stop
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Let us now praise Billy Joel
- 10 things you need to know today: October 25, 2014
Subscribe to the Week