A New York City hotel is offering wealthy guests a chance to go "glamping" — glamorous camping — so they can experience the outdoors with four-star amenities. Guests at New York's AKA Central Park can spend $2,000 a night to sleep on a queen bed on the terrace of the hotel's penthouse. "It's basically being able to sleep under the stars in a luxury setting," said AKA Central Park's general manager.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- How our botched understanding of 'science' ruins everything
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- The American middle class is no longer safe from poverty — and that might be a good thing
- Mike Huckabee's head-scratching advice to Christian voters
- How Scotland's independence movement lost the vote and still won everything
- 10 things you need to know today: September 19, 2014
- 6 super-helpful iOS8 tricks you probably don't know about
- The Obama administration's nonstop incoherence on ISIS
Subscribe to the Week