New York City hotel is offering wealthy guests a chance to go "glamping" — glamorous camping — so they can experience the outdoors with four-star amenities. Guests at New York's AKA Central Park can spend $2,000 a night to sleep on a queen bed on the terrace of the hotel's penthouse. "It's basically being able to sleep under the stars in a luxury setting," said AKA Central Park's general manager.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Why is it so expensive to build a bridge in America?
- What the collapse of the Ming Dynasty can tell us about American decline
- Why is American internet so slow?
- Here's proof that Justin Bieber is just as spoiled as you always thought
- The GOP must try to win over African-Americans
- 7 ways to be the most interesting person in any room
- What would a U.S.-China war look like?
- 22 TV shows to watch in 2014
Subscribe to the Week