A New York City hotel is offering wealthy guests a chance to go "glamping" — glamorous camping — so they can experience the outdoors with four-star amenities. Guests at New York's AKA Central Park can spend $2,000 a night to sleep on a queen bed on the terrace of the hotel's penthouse. "It's basically being able to sleep under the stars in a luxury setting," said AKA Central Park's general manager.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How academia's liberal bias is killing social science
- Why Pakistan won't hunt down the terrorists within its borders
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Pope Francis' American problem
- Diagnosing the Home Alone burglars' injuries: A professional weighs in
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- A brief history of the Christmas present
- Sorry, GOP, tax cuts don't pay for themselves
- Why torture doesn't work: A definitive guide
Subscribe to the Week