olice in Raleigh, N.C., threatened to arrest local church members for serving food to the homeless and hungry in a local park. Members of Love Wins Ministries have been giving out free breakfast and coffee to anyone in need on weekends for the past six years, but, on August 24, Raleigh police suddenly threatened to arrest anybody who handed out food for the rather vague offense of violating a "city ordinance that prohibits the actions some groups have been engaged in at the park."
- The 10 worst-reviewed movies of 2013
- Diagnosing the Home Alone burglars' injuries: A professional weighs in
- Watch The Daily Show mock the NSA and the gamers they're spying on
- The secrets of happy families
- How did Love Actually become so controversial? A theory
- Americans are wealthier than ever*
- Antarctica recently experienced the coldest day in recorded history
- Is the rent really too damn high?
- What every TV show can learn from Sleepy Hollow
- Godzilla: Watch the surprisingly grim trailer for the blockbuster reboot
Subscribe to the Week