Police in Raleigh, N.C., threatened to arrest local church members for serving food to the homeless and hungry in a local park. Members of Love Wins Ministries have been giving out free breakfast and coffee to anyone in need on weekends for the past six years, but, on August 24, Raleigh police suddenly threatened to arrest anybody who handed out food for the rather vague offense of violating a "city ordinance that prohibits the actions some groups have been engaged in at the park."
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Russia is stealthily threatening America with nuclear war
- The science of sex: 4 harsh truths about dating and mating
- 13 Urban Outfitters controversies
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- What political elites don't understand about Scotland's push for independence
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Why gay people of color are still losing
- Is 'feminism' just another word for 'liberalism'?
- In defense of family dinner
- Do you need to be crazy to be the best?
Subscribe to the Week