olice in Raleigh, N.C., threatened to arrest local church members for serving food to the homeless and hungry in a local park. Members of Love Wins Ministries have been giving out free breakfast and coffee to anyone in need on weekends for the past six years, but, on August 24, Raleigh police suddenly threatened to arrest anybody who handed out food for the rather vague offense of violating a "city ordinance that prohibits the actions some groups have been engaged in at the park."
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 31 TV shows to watch in 2014
- He said he was leaving. She ignored him.
- Why atheism doesn't have the upper hand over religion
- 14 wonderful words with no English equivalent
- How conservatives learned to hate Hollywood
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Wounded in Boston, two brothers endure
- Why Easter is so important to Christians
- When will the Big One strike California?
- The Democrats have a mega-donor problem
Subscribe to the Week