The "hang-dog look" is sweeping New York, says the New York Post. Everywhere you look this summer, the PuppyPurse (from $35) is enabling the city's most fashionable dog owners to turn pint-size pooches into eye-catching accessories. A pet carrier that's mostly straps, the purse has attracted critics, who say dogs get distressed when carried with legs dangling. Users of the harness counter that by saying that their Chihuahuas and Yorkies enjoy getting air-cooled on hot days. Whichever side is right, a small dog strung from the hip sure looks great with a simple shift and heels.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How the South's ugly racial history is haunting ObamaCare
- Stop making fun of philosophy and read some philosophy
- If Democrats abandon immigration reform after Tuesday's likely loss, they will turn 2016 into a debacle
- The real story behind Deliver Us From Evil
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- Israel's quiet doomsday submarines are almost ready
- How to live a long life, according to science
- What if Leo Strauss was right?
Subscribe to the Week