he "hang-dog look" is sweeping New York, says the New York Post. Everywhere you look this summer, the PuppyPurse (from $35) is enabling the city's most fashionable dog owners to turn pint-size pooches into eye-catching accessories. A pet carrier that's mostly straps, the purse has attracted critics, who say dogs get distressed when carried with legs dangling. Users of the harness counter that by saying that their Chihuahuas and Yorkies enjoy getting air-cooled on hot days. Whichever side is right, a small dog strung from the hip sure looks great with a simple shift and heels.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why China's Communist Party is headed for collapse
- Why the poor's investment of choice is so alarming
- How to make perfect fried rice in 6 easy steps
- He said he was leaving. She ignored him.
- Obama doesn't have a manhood problem — but conservatives certainly do
- 31 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Why Antonin Scalia was right to defend a drug dealer
- Why we need a maximum wage
- Why atheism doesn't have the upper hand over religion
- Why Texas Republicans may want to cool the anti-Obama land-grab talk
Subscribe to the Week