The "hang-dog look" is sweeping New York, says the New York Post. Everywhere you look this summer, the PuppyPurse (from $35) is enabling the city's most fashionable dog owners to turn pint-size pooches into eye-catching accessories. A pet carrier that's mostly straps, the purse has attracted critics, who say dogs get distressed when carried with legs dangling. Users of the harness counter that by saying that their Chihuahuas and Yorkies enjoy getting air-cooled on hot days. Whichever side is right, a small dog strung from the hip sure looks great with a simple shift and heels.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- The 10 best networking tips for people who hate networking
- Why the West should let Russia have eastern Ukraine
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Why you should stop believing in evolution
- 11 scientific studies that will restore your faith in humanity
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- Your literary playlist: A guide to the music of Haruki Murakami
- 9 Harvard dropouts who became fabulously successful
- Why baseball is America's most dangerous spectator sport
- The real reason conservatives should be outraged that police killed a white youth
Subscribe to the Week