A 14-year-old girl from Eugene, Ore., claims she was kicked out of a store for being too fat. Shelby Buster was shopping at a local mall with a friend when she claims a Rue 21 employee told her she needed to leave the store because she was too big to shop there. Rue 21 says it is investigating the incident.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Obama just kneecapped Jeb Bush and Chris Christie's 2016 prospects
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Girls on Film: The Hunger Games: Mockingjay isn't an action movie. It's a war movie.
- What could happen if the Supreme Court rules against ObamaCare
- These 5 things will definitely happen after Obama moves on immigration
- 10 classic Sesame Street moments we wouldn't show today's kids
- The dangerously childish morality of liberal ObamaCare supporters
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- It's official: The religious right is calling it quits
Subscribe to the Week