A 14-year-old girl from Eugene, Ore., claims she was kicked out of a store for being too fat. Shelby Buster was shopping at a local mall with a friend when she claims a Rue 21 employee told her she needed to leave the store because she was too big to shop there. Rue 21 says it is investigating the incident.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 7 things the world's happiest people do every day
- Why are so many parents being arrested?
- Israel has only two choices: Eliminate the Palestinians or make peace
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- 9 things you probably didn't know about the moon
- The biggest lesson Obama failed to learn from Bush
- Why America is duty bound to help Iraqi Christians
- 10 burning questions you've always wanted to ask about investing
- 10 things you need to know today: July 22, 2014
- How to pack a jar salad
Subscribe to the Week