A 14-year-old girl from Eugene, Ore., claims she was kicked out of a store for being too fat. Shelby Buster was shopping at a local mall with a friend when she claims a Rue 21 employee told her she needed to leave the store because she was too big to shop there. Rue 21 says it is investigating the incident.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How academia's liberal bias is killing social science
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Why Pakistan won't hunt down the terrorists within its borders
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Diagnosing the Home Alone burglars' injuries: A professional weighs in
- Vox, derp, and the intellectual stagnation of the left
- Sorry, GOP, tax cuts don't pay for themselves
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Pope Francis' American problem
- 3 key insights about Obama from Chuck Todd's The Stranger
Subscribe to the Week