A 14-year-old girl from Eugene, Ore., claims she was kicked out of a store for being too fat. Shelby Buster was shopping at a local mall with a friend when she claims a Rue 21 employee told her she needed to leave the store because she was too big to shop there. Rue 21 says it is investigating the incident.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- This is what happens when Republicans actually enact their radical agenda
- How I dug myself out of debt — and stayed that way
- Russia is stealthily threatening America with nuclear war
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- The science of sex: 4 harsh truths about dating and mating
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- 13 Urban Outfitters controversies
- 11 weeknight dinners you can make without a recipe
- Is 'feminism' just another word for 'liberalism'?
- 10 things you need to know today: September 17, 2014
Subscribe to the Week