Schools in Pinellas County, Fla., are banning their own cheerleading uniforms from the classroom, claiming that the sleeveless tops and short skirts violate the dress code. Parents are blasting the district for hypocrisy. "Why can they wear them in front of thousands of people at a football field if they can't wear it on game day at school?" asked one parent of the district-issued uniforms.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
- Gamergate has backfired spectacularly on its nincompoop perpetrators
- Rise of the machines
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- The uncomfortable truth in The Giving Tree
- It's time to kill school picture day
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- Ban PowerPoint!
- 8 ways a simple notebook can change your life
Subscribe to the Week