Schools in Pinellas County, Fla., are banning their own cheerleading uniforms from the classroom, claiming that the sleeveless tops and short skirts violate the dress code. Parents are blasting the district for hypocrisy. "Why can they wear them in front of thousands of people at a football field if they can't wear it on game day at school?" asked one parent of the district-issued uniforms.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- After Ferguson: Stop deferring to the cops
- Ferguson riots were terrible — but this racist reaction was worse
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- The hilarious hypocrisy of Republicans complaining about the imperial presidency
- Is it now OK to have sex with animals?
- Don't argue about politics this Thanksgiving. Just don't.
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- In Ferguson, Michael Brown lost his life — and America's police lost the benefit of the doubt
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- Alien conspiracy theorists think the government is on the verge of spilling big secrets
Subscribe to the Week