Schools in Pinellas County, Fla., are banning their own cheerleading uniforms from the classroom, claiming that the sleeveless tops and short skirts violate the dress code. Parents are blasting the district for hypocrisy. "Why can they wear them in front of thousands of people at a football field if they can't wear it on game day at school?" asked one parent of the district-issued uniforms.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Want to eliminate the scourge of frat culture? Lower the drinking age.
- Yes, the Obama administration's green loans are unprofitable. They should be.
- Chuck Hagel was a huge mistake
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- A brief history of the Guy Fawkes mask
- Obama just kneecapped Jeb Bush and Chris Christie's 2016 prospects
- 5 quick things you can do today to boost your creativity
- What would it take for humans to build a settlement on Mars?
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- House hunting: 7 stunning castles in Europe
Subscribe to the Week